Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Entry #7: How Research Deepens Thinking

          Alright, so I'm reading "Freak the Mighty." The research exercises I decided to use were Biography Squats and Freestyle Cool Down ('cause I'm black like that). And I have to say, it was pretty interesting.
          First, Biography Squats. I went to Rodman's Philbrick's website, and found a lot on not only the book, but on Philbrick himself. He grew up on the New England coast, and actually had a friend who lived a few blocks away who had the same growing disorder as Freak. And one of his friends used to carry him around sometimes. I thought that was really cool. And it helps me see how a lot of writers don't usually write just off the top of their head, they write from things that have happened to them. And now I see how Philbrick was able to make the book seem so realistic.
          Freestyle Cool Down didn't go so well, on the other hand. All it was for like 7 pages of research was a bunch of reviews and trivia questions. So that wasn't so great. Sometimes, I hate Google.

           Oh, and from now on, I'm going to have a few songs every human being should listen to before he/she dies. This week's blog songs are:

I won't put the song here, so it will be a surprise every time. :)

This too.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment