Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Secrets Behind My Wardrobe (My ArtiFACTS)

As you all are are probably fully aware, I take numerous amounts of pride in my wardrobe. Whether it be through my self-proclaiming t-shirts or my school renowned Jimi Hendrix hoodie that's on the virge of death, I flaunt my clothing where ever I go. I find clothing to be a simple and subtle representation of who you are and how you wear your personality, pun fully intended. For me, that consists of shirts that scream to the world just how amazing I am to myself, and how I'd like to be known to everyone around me. I'm also widely known around the school for my color-wheel smiley-face trifecta t-shirt. That is my all time favorite t-shirt. I love the simplicity of just 7 or so colors just smiling at you. I honestly wear that shirt whenever I want good luck. It always makes me feel good.

Now, as for the Hendrix Hoodie. I'll give you the history of me and that thing. I originally got it as a gift from my mom, a birthday present I think.

I hated it.

You'll never believe that looking at me now, but it's true. I thought it looked stupid and tacky, and not something I would want to be seen in public with. I tried to stuff it deep into my closet just so that we could all forget about it and move on. But my mom would have none of that. With no sweater to wear and the colder days of fall fast approaching, my mother literally forced the thing onto me. I was so scared to even get within a block radius of 51 with it on. So I walked into the school praying nobody would notice me. Which was an impossible dream, being a 5"7 7th grader with a huge a$$ afro. The first comment I get is from Celina Santin, probably the loudest girl in our class at the time. She sees my sweater and goes, "Woah, where'd you get that?" I responded with "Target", which is apparently a bad thing to say, seeing as the last time I told Alberta I bought a shirt from Walmart she laughed, so. But anyway, the sweater actually went over great. I was surprised to say the least. When my mom got home from work, she asked how the sweater went over at school. Not wanting to give my mom the satisfaction of being right, I shrugged. I had become in love with it. Inseperable, I went all of 7th grade wearing it in school. Over time though, it's become apparent that I need a new sweater. The sleeves are a victim of the wear and tear of playing football on a daily basis, the string actually got ripped from the hood earlier this year, and the other day my mom said it smelled terrible.

So, quick recap, shirts are fun, and the hoodie is on its deathbed. I get friends asking me, "Why do you have all these 'awesome' shirts?" Why do you think I have those "awesome" shirts? Because I'm awesome. You'd think it'd be self-explanatory. I don't see why people think that shirts are only supposed to be some design. I'd rather have a shirt that calls me something pleasant than some random pattern. It's so much more exciting than stripes across my shirt.

Uniqueness. Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment