Total Pageviews

Monday, November 8, 2010

Social Awareness Project

1.
10/23 - Legalizing Marijauna- California wants to do it, but the multiple pros and cons are leaving it to the world's opinion.

10/24 -

10/25 - Cholera in Africa- It's making water unsafe to drink. However, they have nothing else, so they have to drink it.

10/26 - Four Loko- A legal drink for kids. It has the same amount of alcohol as 6 light beers and caffeine the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee.

10/27 -

                This was a really eye-opening project. I don't relly watch the news very often. Everything I saw on the news that week had a lot to do with health. Smoking, disease, alcohol, etc. It really makes you think about the well-being of others, and not just yourself.


4.
                  I'm reading "Cathing Fire" by Suzanne Collins, the second book in the Hunger Games series. There are a lot of social issues in this book, surprisingly. The main one is corruption in the government. In the book, the government is extremely superficial and turns a blind eye to what actually goes on in the districts. They could care less about what happens to the people living there, and only think about themselves. They're the leaders of the "country", and they should really be more aware of what's going on in it. I'd really hate to be there, and have to deal with the crap that the citizens put up with.

5.
                 I'm responding to the song "World on Fire" by Sarah McLachlan. Honestly, I don't like the song. I understand the message, and what she's trying to say. But the song is just so depressing. First off, her music video is all about how "x" amount of money can do "x" amount of things. It makes me not want to spend any money. Second, she says absolutely nothing happy or pleasant in the entire song. It sounds like she's some suicidal who wants to make everyone else be the same as her and never experience the feeling of joy. She seriously could have gone about this a completely different way, and not make everyone sad whenever they hear the song. But hey, that's just me.

1 comment:

  1. First off I really like your black tips up top. Now with your project I like the worldly subjects you got, but I also thought you could put a little more into the news immersion one. Other than that it's good.

    ReplyDelete